Olá! What a lot of news! I was so happy to hear from all of you! Sounds like it’s been a great week. The week here has been pretty good as well. We had zone leader council (as some call it "Jedi council") on Monday and it was good. We are focusing a lot on real conversion both personally and with investigators and teaching by the spirit. We had p-day on Tuesday because of that and we just rested at home. I got caught up on letter writing a little and wrote about 8 letters haha. On Friday we did a division with companionship in our zone. I stayed in our area with Elder Monteiro, who is from the north of brazil and has the same time on the mission that I do, and Elder Baird went with Elder Kerr, who is American and has six months. Almost all of our appointments fell through and we basically just did contacts and it wasn’t exactly what we were hoping for but oh well. We hope that maybe they will be motivated to see that other areas have days like that too at least haha. I did another division on Saturday with our district leader, Elder Buzan, so that he could do a baptismal interview with someone here, but the person drank coffee that same morning so we couldn’t do it (the mission rule is a week without word of wisdom stuff). We got rained on a TON and nearly got killed by lighting about 10 times but it was good.
The best part of the week was yesterday. We had the baptism of a man named Robson. He is the brother of a less active guy whose family got baptized last transfer and now they are all going to church. their dad was active in the church and you could sense that he has had something to do with all of this work going on in his family now. It was incredible to see as well with Robson especially because just a little over a month ago he was smoking a ton, drinking tons of coffee and had serious problems with other commandments we will just say, and now he is baptized and his life is transforming. It was a really spiritual baptismal service and his brother baptized him, which was way cool.
So yeah that is the update from here. It is already the last week of the transfer (yikes!) so next week I will have news about my new companion and what not. The mission is going by faster and faster. It is great to be a missionary and to have the chance to work with all these great people and learn so much. Eu amo todos vocês e eu sei que Cristo vive!


I need Lincoln's Address. Where would I find it?
ReplyDelete